Oral surgery dental procedure with our dentists in Geelong ranges from removing a tooth to treating lesions in the mouth. Certain dental procedures like impacted wisdom teeth removal, removal of cancerous lesions may be done by a specialist known as an oral maxillofacial dental surgeon.
Removal of teeth by the dentist require local anesthesia to the area of the teeth surroundings and the teeth is removed by the dentist using a dental forceps. If the dental extraction is complicated then the gums may need to be cut down by the dentist and the bone needs to be removed for the removal of the tooth.
Teeth can be removed by the dentist for various reasons. The most common being a big deep hole in the tooth, which cannot be saved by a filling or a root canal treatment by the dentist.
Tooth extraction by the dentist in Geelong
- X-ray is taken to check the shape, size of the tooth, position of various anatomical structures.
- Numbing cream is applied by the dentist to the gums and the needle is given.
- The area is checked for numbness and the tooth is made loose and the dentist removes the teeth by using forceps.
- Gauze is placed in the area.
- Post-operative instructions are explained , spare gauze and instruction sheet is given by the dentist. Painkillers and antibiotics may also be prescribed by the dentist.
If you need any tooth removed or teeth extracted, please speak to our Geelong dentists at Around Geelong Dental Care in Norlane for all your oral dental surgery procedures like removing a tooth, removal of impacted wisdom teeth and treating lesions at our dental clinic in Norlane, Geelong.