Our dentists oral surgery procedures range from removing a tooth or treating lesions in the mouth.
Dental procedures like impacted wisdom teeth removal or removal of any cancerous lesions can be done by a specialist dental surgeon.
There might be various reasons for the dentist to recommend removing the tooth. The most common one, being a big deep hole on the tooth, as this tooth cannot be saved by fillings or even a root canal treatments.
Removal of teeth by the dentists most often requires local anesthesia to the area of the teeth and to its surroundings. Then the tooth are removed by the dentist using dental forceps.
If the dental extraction is complicated. The dentist might need to cut the gums and also some bone structure to remove the tooth.
When teeth’s are removed, it leaves a gap and this can be fixed using a denture, bridge and also with dental implants to bring back the aesthetics.
Dentist Tooth Extraction Process
- X-ray is taken to check the shape, size of the tooth and the positions of various anatomical structures.
- Numbing cream is also applied by the dentist to the gums and the needle is given.
- The area is also checked for numbness and the tooth is made loose, and then the dentist removes the tooth by using forceps.
- Gauze is placed in the area.
- Post-operative instructions are explained , spare gauze and instruction sheet is given by the dentist. Painkillers and antibiotics may also be prescribed by the dentists.
If you need any tooth removed at Geelong. Geelong dental has expert tooth removal dentists. Please call our dentist to know our tooth extraction costs and understand the extraction procedure.
Book your tooth removal dentist appointments with us and see the difference.